Despite the fact that the iPhone 13 is still the new kid on the block. Rumors have already begun to paint a picture of what the so-called iPhone 14 will look like. The iPhone 14 is expected to be released with a major redesign, new features, and more.
iPhone 14 Release Date
Apple is one of the more predictable tech companies in the sense that its announcement and release dates are fairly set. Whatever happens, iPhones are always expected to be unveiled in September and released within a week or two of the announcement. As a result, the iPhone 14 is expected to be announced and released in mid-September 2022.
iPhone 14 Features
- No Notch: The removal of the notch cutout is the most significant change we expect with the 2022 iPhone. The notch was first seen on the iPhone X, and it has remained unchanged since then. Apple’s sensors for things like Face ID are housed in the notch.
- No Camera Bump: According to Prosser, the iPhone 14 will not have a camera bump on at least some models. Because of the iPhone’s thin design and the required thickness of camera components, it currently has a protruding camera bump. According to Prosser, Apple will be able to do away with the camera bump on the iPhone 14 by making the device itself thicker.
- Port-less: Apple has been rumored to be working on a portless iPhone for several years. There would be no Lightning port on this iPhone; instead, it would be completely wireless. This was rumored to be coming in 2021, but it never materialised. As a result, it’s possible that the iPhone 14 will be the first iPhone without a Lightning port. The iPhone 14 would support wireless charging as well as Apple’s newest MagSafe technology instead of Lightning. With the 14 Pro, Apple is most likely to make this change first. Over the next few years, lower-end models would follow.
- Camera Improvement: According to Kuo, the iPhone 14 will include significant improvements to the auto-focus features of the front-facing camera. More details are unknown at this time, but the front-facing iPhone camera still has a long way to go to catch up to the rear camera.
- Chip and Speed: Some rumors suggested that the iPhone 14 would use a new chip manufactured using 3-nanometer technology. However, Apple’s chip partner TSMC is expected to use an enhanced 5nm manufacturing process for the A16 chip in the iPhone 14.
- Wifi 6E: According to Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, the iPhone 14 will have WiFi 6E connectivity. It will provide the high-speed wireless transmissions required for AR and VR experiences. Wifi 6E will also be used in a mixed reality headset that could be released in 2022. Also uses the 6GHz band in addition to the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands to increase bandwidth and reduce interference. Still providing the performance boost and low latency that the WiFi 6 specification provides.
- Car Crash Detection: Apple is working on a car crash detection feature for the iPhone and Apple Watch. It will detect car accidents by measuring a spike in gravitational force using accelerometers and other sensors.
- iPhone Body Design: The iPhone 14 models are expected to look similar to the iPhone 13 models. With the same flat-edged design, there will be updates to the body design in addition to the display changes. Along with the flush camera, the iPhone 14 models may have redesigned speaker and microphone grilles. It elongated mesh cutouts rather than individual holes at the bottom of the device. The size of the display bezel is expected to remain unchanged.
Alkye always advises staying current with market trends as a technology business partner with our clients in order to reach the target audience.