In this new AI era, Microsoft will interact with and profit from technology in fundamentally different ways than in the past. Now that chat interfaces and massive language models have converged, you can just ask the technology for what you need, and it will respond, produce it, or do what you want. Microsoft compares this to having a navigator by your side while you work. Making coding easier with GitHub, redefining search with Bing and Edge, and providing contextual value that works across your applications and PC with Windows are just a few examples of how Microsoft has integrated AI-powered copilots into our most popular products.
Microsoft Copilot is your everyday AI companion, and now Microsoft is taking the next step in unifying these capabilities into a single experience. Copilot will deliver superior help by fusing together the web’s context and intelligence with your work data and the information about what you’re currently doing on your computer, all while protecting your privacy and security. Available on Windows 11, Office 365, and our browser with Edge and Bing, the experience will be intuitive and unobtrusive. It can be used as an application, or it can be hidden until it’s needed. To realise our aim of providing a seamless experience across all of your devices, Microsoft plans to continuously improve Copilot by adding new features and integrations with our most popular apps.
Beginning on September 26 as a free upgrade to Windows 11, and later across Bing, Edge, and Microsoft 365, Copilot will begin rolling out in its early form. Microsoft is also launching some exciting new experiences and technologies that will help you work smarter, come up with better ideas, and satisfy the basic requirements of both consumers and enterprises.
- The upcoming Windows 11 update is one of our most ambitious to date, adding more than 150 new features and bringing the power of Copilot and new AI-powered experiences to apps like Paint, Photos, Clipchamp, and more on your Windows PC.
- Updates to Bing Chat Enterprise will make it more mobile and visual, and the search engine will support OpenAI’s latest DALL.E 3 model, which will lead to more tailored results based on your search history as well as a new AI-powered purchasing experience.
- On November 1, 2023, business clients will have access to Microsoft 365 Copilot and Microsoft 365 Chat, two new artificial intelligence (AI) assistants that will revolutionise the way they do business.
- Microsoft also unveiled cutting-edge Surface devices, now available for pre-order, that bring these AI experiences to life for you.
The new Windows 11 Update delivers over 150 new features, including bringing the power of Copilot to the PC
To that end, Microsoft is excited to announce that on September 26, Windows will receive an upgrade that will provide its most individualised user experience to date.
Here’s a look at some of what’s new in the latest update for Windows 11:
- Copilot in Windows (in preview) allows you to make more progress in less time, simplify complex processes, and reduce your mental workload. Microsoft has made it easy to use Copilot, whether at home or at school, on any size screen, by placing it in the taskbar and making the Win+C keyboard shortcut available.
- Paint now offers previews of Cocreator, which introduces the power of generative AI to the app, and background removal and layers, all of which are useful for digital sketching and creativity.
- Photos have also been improved using AI, and the update includes new capabilities that make it easier than ever to edit your photos. You may quickly and simply draw attention to the topic of your photograph by using the background blur filter. The Photos app scans each image and automatically identifies the background. With the tap of a button, the software then highlights the topic of the image while simultaneously blurring the background. Microsoft has made improvements to the search function, and if you have images stored in OneDrive (either on your home or personal computer), you will now be able to easily locate the photo you are looking for, depending on the subject matter of the photo. Additionally, it is now possible to search for photographs according to the place at which they were taken.
- With the latest version of Snipping Tool, users are able to simply redact or remove sensitive information from screenshots utilising text actions on the post-capture screen, as well as copy and paste specific text content from images. With the addition of audio and mic capabilities, recording your screen has never been simpler for making videos and other content.
- Snipping Tool provides new options for capturing what’s on your screen; for instance, you can now redact sensitive information or copy and paste only particular text from an image using text actions on the post-capture screen. With the addition of audio and mic capabilities, recording your screen has never been simpler for making videos and other content.
- Notepad will begin automatically preserving your session state when you close it, allowing you to return to where you left off without having to wade through any dialogs. If you close Notepad and reopen it, all of the tabs and any unsaved changes you made will be restored immediately.
- Modernised File Explorer Microsoft has revamped File Explorer to make it easier to find what you’re looking for, keep tabs on file changes, and share information without ever having to open the file. In addition, a new gallery tab will be added to File Explorer to simplify viewing your image library.
- Windows Backup, upgrading to a new computer running Windows 11 is now simpler than it has ever been. When you use Windows Backup, transferring the majority of your data, applications, and settings from one computer to another is a smooth process, ensuring that everything is precisely where you left it and configured to your preferences.
Bing and Edge are redefining how we interact with the web
Microsoft has just announced brand new enhancements to Bing and Edge, all of which are powered by the latest models and provide the most cutting-edge AI capabilities currently available. Bing Chat is currently available for usage with Microsoft Edge and at bing.com/chat. Soon, we’ll start releasing new features.
- Personalised answers: Your conversational history is now a factor in the analysis. Whether you use Bing to keep tabs on your favorite soccer team, it will remember that the next time you plan a vacation and alert you to whether the team is playing in the city you’re going to. You can disable Bing’s use of your conversation history for personalised results if that’s your preference.
- Copilot in Microsoft Shopping: It is now easier to find what you’re looking for when you shop online using Bing or Edge. Bing will now inquire further about your interests in order to make more specific product recommendations in response to your queries. In the past year, Microsoft Edge customers have been awarded over $4 billion in discounts, so you know you’re receiving the greatest deal possible. In the near future, you’ll also be able to initiate a purchase from an uploaded image or photo.
- DALL.E 3 model from OpenAI in Bing Image Creator: DALL.E 3 is a significant improvement over previous installments, allowing for more stunning designs and more accurate depictions of finer elements like fingers and eyes. Furthermore, it has a deeper comprehension of your needs and hence provides more precise visuals. To further facilitate the editing of your projects, we are integrating Microsoft Designer straight into Bing.
- Content Credentials: New Content Credentials employ cryptographic methods to add an invisible digital watermark to all AI-generated images in Bing, including the time and date they were initially created. This is part of our ongoing effort to adopt a responsible approach to generative AI. Paint and Microsoft Designer will soon have Content Credentials functionality added.
- Bing Chat Enterprise Updates: More than 160 million Microsoft 365 users now have access to Bing Chat Enterprise at no extra cost after its release just two months ago. We’re pleased to announce that the enterprise version of Bing Chat is now integrated into Microsoft’s mobile browser, Edge. In addition, we are integrating Image Creator and multimodal visual search into Bing Chat Enterprise. Using photos as a source of knowledge and inspiration can help you produce better work.
The new era of AI with Copilot from Microsoft is here – and it’s ready for you
They believe that Microsoft is the location where simple, safe, and responsible AI experiences can be found in the products you rely on every day. We’ve demonstrated today how we’re not just maximising these experiences’ value for you but also significantly broadening them. People using Windows 11 at work, in education, and at home will have access to the most cutting-edge AI experiences ever created for these environments. Microsoft 365, is the most widely used and respected office software in the world. To Bing and Edge, the cutting-edge internet browsers and search engines, respectively. Surface and other Windows 11 PCs are the glue that holds everything together. Copilot will assist you in accomplishing your goals, inspiring you to do something new, and connecting you with the people and places that matter most to you. What you do with these insights is something we’re eager to witness.
In conclusion, Microsoft Copilot is poised to redefine productivity by providing the ultimate AI sidekick. With its revolutionary capabilities, it’s set to transform how you work, making tasks smarter and more efficient. Don’t miss out on this game-changer!
Read more tech news here to see how the latest market developments could shape your digital experience.