Twitter has announced that it has accepted billionaire Elon Musk’s $44 billion takeover bid.
Here are some propositions made by Elon Musk for Twitter:
- Loosen Up Content Rules In The Name Of Free Speech: The CEO of Tesla and SpaceX refers to himself as a “free speech absolutist”, and he has criticised what he sees as excessive moderation on online platforms. A functioning democracy is built on the foundation of “free speech.” Twitter is the digital town square where matters vital to the future of humanity are debated, Elon said in a statement. Musk has argued that while offensive comments are still legal, social media platforms should not remove them.”Let the tweet exist if it’s a grey area,” he said during a recent interview at a TED conference.
- Creates An Edit Button So Users Can Change Their Tweets: An edit button is one of the most frequently requested product changes by Twitter users. Unlike Facebook, Instagram and other social media apps, Twitter does not allow users to edit the content after it has been published. Musk has stated that he supports the ability for people to change the content of their tweets, a proposal that has sparked a heated debate among academics, journalists and other heavy Twitter users.
- Open Up Twitter’s Algorithm To The Public: Musk has stated that software that determines what people see on Twitter and how widely content spreads should be made public. He prefers to host Twitter’s algorithm on GitHub, a popular website where programmers shares code. Every day, billions of pieces of content are processed by a social media platform the size of Twitter. The logic behind how and why tweets go viral, as well as how Twitter’s recommendation system works, is so dense and complex that even the company’s own software engineers are baffled by it.
- Scrap Advertisement: Advertising currently accounts for nearly 90% of Twitter’s revenue, but the company has struggled to attract advertisers to the platform, which frequently devolved into political firestorms and ugly online brawls. Because the company is going private, it will no longer be subjected to the same level of shareholder pressure to constantly increase advertising revenue. Musk has stated that it should switch to a subscription-based model. Last year, Twitter introduces Twitter Blue, a premium service that costs $2.99 a month and includes features such as an undo button that allows users to recall tweets before they are sent. Musk has stated that Twitter Blue should be less expensive, that people who pay should not have to see advertisements, and that the cryptocurrency Dogecoin, which began as a joke, should be accepted as a form of payment for a Twitter subscription.
- Launch A Bar On “Bot Armies”: Another change Musk favors is combating the proliferation of bots on Twitter. Which are fake accounts that are programmed to respond to tweets on specific topics. His business empire has attracted its fair share of bots, including bots that support his electric car company Tesla and attack Musk critics. “We will defeat the spam bots or perish trying if our Twitter bid is successful!” Musk expressed his desire to “authenticate all real humans” in a tweet last week.
Alkye aim is simple; to help your business grow, stay ahead of the competition, and stay relevant to your customer.