Cisco introduces AppDynamics’ new observability platform, which cuts through the complexity of modern applications to give technologists a unified, seamless view of their cloud-native technology landscape.
Cisco Live, the premier networking and security event, Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) announced the launch of AppDynamics Cloud.
What is AppDynamics?
AppDynamics is an application performance management (APM) solution that can help your company make important strategic decisions. Artificial intelligence (AI) is used by AppDynamics to solve application issues and prevent them from recurring, as well as to improve visibility into your IT architecture. AppDynamics Cloud enables exceptional digital experiences by integrating telemetry data at scale across all cloud environments. To resolve application performance issues, it combines cloud-native observation with insights-driven actions.
By providing real-time performance insights, AppDynamics aims to improve the availability and consistency of applications across the entire technology stack. This aids your company in improving the digital experience, maximising performance, and fueling growth.
Customers who already use AppDynamics can upgrade to AppDynamics Cloud and keep their existing APM agents, or they can feed both solutions at the same time. On Amazon Web Services (AWS), AppDynamics Cloud supports cloud-native, managed Kubernetes environments, with plans to expand to Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and other cloud providers in the future.
What does AppDynamic do?
- Application Performance: Customers’ app problems can negatively impact their digital experience and, as a result, your brand’s reputation. As a result, it’s critical to avoid downtime that degrades or disrupts a user’s experience while also preventing you from meeting Service-Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Error Rates: AppDynamics looks for errors in memory-intensive processes, such as web requests, that cause operations to fail. This allows you to keep an eye on web requests that could cause errors that affect your application.
- Response Times: Slow application response times may be mission-critical in some cases. If loading times exceed a few milliseconds, users may lose trust in your brand and go elsewhere. With AppDynamics, you can track application slowdowns in real-time using historical data on application response times.
- CPU Usage: The central processing unit (CPU) is in charge of executing computer programs’ instructions. Any drop in CPU performance can affect read and write speeds on discs, as well as cause serious memory issues. To avoid these problems, AppDynamics tracks CPU usage metrics.
- Request Rates: Data on application traffic spikes, inactivity periods, and the number of active users is collected by AppDynamics. This aids in the detection of application problems as well as areas of the app that may need to be optimised.
How AppDynamics benefits organisations
- Data-Led Customer Experience: You can use the AppDynamics solution to ingest and analyse data from across your entire technology stack and turn it into detailed visualisations. This makes it simple to make the best business decisions while also improving the user experience and improving business results.
- Advanced Network Visibility: You can also see the external networks that your applications use if you have visibility into your entire technology stack. This allows you to quickly resolve issues with DNS, ISPs, and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) connections.
- Application security: There are numerous security benefits to having a better understanding of your technology stack. This includes detecting application and coding errors or vulnerabilities quickly, which would otherwise take months or even years to discover. To ensure your environment is secure, AppDynamics combines business intelligence and application performance with security intelligence.
- Infrastructure Observability: From databases and servers to cloud-native and hybrid environments, AppDynamics can monitor and visualise your entire technology stack. You can optimise your applications by keeping track of key business metrics, application programming interfaces (APIs), code-level issues, and conversions. As a result, you’ll be able to spot the root causes of problems in real-time, before they affect your bottom line or user experience.
- All-in-one Monitoring: For your organisation, AppDynamics provides real-time visibility of applications across public, private, and multi-cloud environments. The solution’s low-overhead monitoring and Role-Based Access Controls (RBAC) are two features that aid in enterprise-level scalability and security. This boosts IT efficiency by allowing for more rapid root-cause analysis and diagnosis of potential issues. It also enables you to connect your software to your business’s key performance indicators (KPIs).
Alkye Services, as a technology partner, believes in incorporating the most recent technological trends so that our partners and clients can stay ahead of the competition.