At today’s Adobe MAX conference in Los Angeles, Adobe announced the release of Adobe Creative Cloud, which includes over a hundred new features across Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, and more. Among these are fantastic new generative AI features, made possible by three new foundational Adobe Firefly models for images, vectors, and design. These revisions incorporate cutting-edge features into standard creative processes, giving you access to them whenever you need them.
Next-Gen Firefly offers more quality, control, and integration into creative workflows
It’s been fantastic to witness the show’s popularity grow. Since its introduction in March, the initial Firefly Image Model has been used to produce over 3 billion photographs, 1 billion of which were produced just last month. Recently, Adobe unveiled Firefly 2.0, a significantly upgraded model with vastly increased image-generating capabilities. Adobe Firefly Image 2 Model, currently in beta in the Adobe Firefly online software, improves creative control and image quality dramatically. To help you achieve your creative vision and communicate your story with high-quality outputs, the latest chapter of generative AI for imaging includes greater model capacity and better image generation. Firefly Image 2, like the original Firefly image model, was created to provide information that can be legally used in business contexts.
Generative Match is one of the new Text-to-image capabilities that are powered by Firefly Image Model 2, which can be found in the Firefly online application. This capability enables you to generate new images in the same manner as previously created images. You will be able to generate several photos using the Firefly web app, each of which will have a similar appearance and feel thanks to the reference images that we supply. You also have the option to upload your own personal image to use as a reference, but only after ensuring that you have the necessary permissions to do so. You may also apply and alter Photo Settings to generated photographs, such as depth of field, motion blur, field of view, and more, in a manner that is analogous to what you might be able to do with a physical camera lens. You also have the ability to change the visual intensity of the created images, allowing you to give them a more creative, surreal, or lifelike appearance.
Everyone in charge of ramping up content production while simultaneously ensuring it corresponds with a brand’s look and feel can greatly benefit from the time savings offered by Generative Match. They are still pushing for stricter legislation and implementing new rules to safeguard authors’ work against infringement. They’re lobbying Congress to enact the FAIR Act, which would update the law to allow artists to sue imitators of their work without a license. To encourage ethical usage of Generative Match, adobe also incorporates safety features into our products. Check out Scott Belsky’s blog for more information on that.
Adobe is also making it simpler to incorporate Adobe Firefly-created assets into other creative processes. In order to help others recreate your results, you may now post a link to your generated image along with details on the text prompt you used. In addition, Firefly output can be saved to libraries for later use in other Creative Cloud programs like Photoshop and Illustrator.
Visit the Adobe Firefly online app in your web or mobile browser to test out all the latest changes to Adobe Firefly.
More AI innovation for creative professionals in Creative Cloud Apps
- A little over a month ago, Adobe released Generative Fill and Generative Expand, two of Adobe Photoshop’s generative AI features, available to the public. You have total control thanks to these Firefly-powered features that are firmly integrated into Photoshop’s selection and layers. After only 5 months in beta, Photoshop’s “Generative Fill” and “Generative Expand” tools have become popular staples.
- The Adobe Creative Cloud has been updated with new versions of Illustrator, Lightroom, Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Adobe Stock, all of which include capabilities powered by artificial intelligence. By upgrading to the most recent versions of your programs, you can have access to these improvements.
- Creative generative AI in Adobe Illustrator: Text to Vector Graphic, driven by the new Firefly Vector Model, is the first iteration of a new generative AI function we’re introducing. Text to Vector Graphic is an experimental feature in Adobe’s Illustrator desktop tool that allows users to quickly and simply create editable vector drawings such as icons, scenes, and patterns from text input. Text to Vector Graphic is a great tool for brainstorming new ideas, getting a head start on a project, or quickly creating new visuals in your own unique style. As a new layer, generated vector graphics can be modified and adjusted without affecting any of the original content. Illustrator’s Text to Vector Graphic feature is just the beginning of how the app will revolutionise vector graphic creation and boost creative workflows with the help of generative AI.
- More time-saving AI features in Illustrator: Two additional AI-driven tools designed to streamline your work in Illustrator have been added. Using similar typefaces found on Adobe typefaces, the beta version of Adobe’s Illustrator desktop program, Retype, can transform static text in an image or photo into editable text. Now in beta, Adobe’s Illustrator for Desktop features Mockup, which lets you preview “real-life” application mockups by intelligently placing your vector graphics on printed goods, physical signage, clothing, product packaging, digital devices, and more, all without leaving Illustrator.
- Text-Based Editing Improvements in Adobe Premiere Pro: The Premiere Pro desktop app has been updated with a new version that includes automatic filler word detection and the acclaimed new text-based editing feature. The “us” and “uhs” in transcribed dialogue are now automatically identified by text-based editing, and you may remove them, along with pauses and another undesirable language, with a single click utilising the bulk delete feature. New color choices and better tone mapping make it simpler to get amazing color in the newest edition of Premiere Pro, which already boasts enormous 5x timeline speed gains for faster editing. Now in beta, Frame.io Share for Review streamlines content sharing and collaboration with a fully native experience. With the new Facebook, TikTok, and YouTube integrations in Premiere Pro (beta), producing and sharing content on several social media platforms is simpler than ever.
- AI-powered Roto Brush in Adobe After Effects: Quickly separate a foreground object from a backdrop while creating visual effects and compositions with After Effects’ Roto Brush. An all-new AI model in the widely used Roto Brush tool makes it simple to isolate previously difficult-to-isolate items like overlapping limbs, hair, and transparencies from their backgrounds. In addition, After Effects (beta) now has a real 3D workspace, allowing for brand-new approaches to motion creation.
- New AI features and updates to Adobe Lightroom: The new Lens Blur feature, powered by AI, is now available in all versions of Lightroom, including mobile and Lightroom Classic. With Lens Blur, you can easily blur out unwanted distractions in any image. Lightroom Mobile’s revamped interface streamlines the editing process, making it easier than ever to refine your photographs on the go. Also new to Lightroom is HDR Optimisation, which makes it possible for anybody to edit and export images with the sort of enhanced highlight and shadow detail and color saturation that can only come from high dynamic range (HDR) capture.
- Generative AI tools in Adobe Stock: New tools driven by Adobe Firefly are being introduced to Adobe Stock. With Text to Image, users of Stock may take text suggestions and convert them into striking visuals. Adobe Firefly is a generative AI that allows users to stretch images beyond their aspect ratios.
Bringing generative AI to everyone in Adobe Express
Quickly create social media posts, movies, documents, and more with Adobe Express, the AI-first, all-in-one content creation software. The “Premium” version of Adobe Express, which grants users access to all of the program’s premium features and assets, is included in the vast majority of Creative Cloud packages. New generative AI features, including generative fill and text-to-template, are now available in Adobe Express thanks to the Firefly Design Model. Use the power of generative AI to whip up content in Express in no time flat with these enhancements to preexisting tools like Text to Image and Text Effects.
The same technology that drives Generative Fill in Adobe Photoshop is at the heart of the Generative Fill feature, which allows users to add, remove, or replace objects and people in photographs with simple text descriptions. With Text to Template, you can transform any textual description into a variety of high-quality, customisable social media graphics, flyer designs, card layouts, and more. Using the Text to Template prompt, you can quickly create unique, editable templates for any topic, style, or occasion.
These highlighted new features are but a taste of what Adobe has introduced today. New generative AI models, features, improvements in performance, and bug fixes are just a few examples of how we’re constantly reimagining workflows and innovating at record speeds. We welcome your curiosity and look forward to your first discoveries and original works of art.
Read more tech news here to see how the latest market developments could shape your digital experience.